Tuesday, August 5, 2008

T-2 Days 8 Hours

Had my going away party on the weekend, which was pretty nice :) Mum, Dad and I went to Clancy's early on to chill out for a while and have a late lunch. Irena also came along early which was really sweet, it was good to catch up with her for a bit. I'll miss hanging out with her when she moves to Melbourne. People showed up pretty consistently up until about 8PM. Neil, Zoe, her friend, Chris (Army mate), Dave and I all cruised back to Neils and watched movies/beer till late. All in all it was a good night and an ~awesome~ hangover the next day :p

Since then, WOW.. what a bastard of a week...

Finishing up at work.. I'm not sure if I'm some kind of closet misogynist or something, but now I appear to have inadvertently pissed-off a second girl at work. I really give up. I'm doing my best to complete my last few duties to the highest level possible, but frankly I'm fed up. They've taken some very deliberate and underhanded steps to undermine any loyalty I had for them. It's ironic seeing as how much I enjoyed working there to begin with, now it's just boiled down to not wanting to go Jack on my work mates.
Speaking of Jack..

Pretty dark at my Army mates, only one showed up at my going away party on Saturday and only one other actually seemed guilty for not showing. Guilty, FOR PLAYING BLOODY XBOX!!! Pretty disappointing, none of the bastards even bought me a beer tonight seeing as it was my last parade for the year (I also only just dodged getting discharged.. long story.. long disappointing story..)
Talk about a shitty day.
The RSM, the Major and my Captain were all *above excellent* though, the staff at my unit are absolutely top-notch and have been remarkably supportive considering how much I must have let them down this year. They really are.. inspirational. I want to be *that* kind of leader, *that* kind of mate.

On a good note, the Surgeon and my Physio are really happy with my progress. I just need to be careful while I'm away. My travel insurance still won't cover my knee though, even though there's no legitimate reason why my knee is uninsurable.. bastards.. If I had the time, I'd call them up and grill just why a pencil-pusher thinks I'm such a horribly bad risk.

Still, I'm *SURE* I'll get my passport back tomorrow, along with my new phone and that my last paycheck will arrive without hassle. I sold Marianne's car today for the amount that she wanted (small victory, considering the man-hours that have gone into selling it), so that is at least a win for her.
Only two more days, it'll be fine.. just need to keep my eye on the prize. Just these last few little hurdles.

Considering the COPIOUS AMOUNTS OF CRAP that this year has presented, there is NOTHING that can go "that badly wrong" now. I've successfully navigate some pretty daunting challenges, even in a manner which I consider to be above reproach. I've done GOOD, DAMMIT!!!
Now I just need to get my gear in order, to get on that plane.. Get off the ground, and it'll all be fine.

No comments: